Login or Create an Account
Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Create a New Account
- All applications must be typed, grammatically correct and complete for acceptance and review by ACTE/HSE. Online applications are due April 1st.
- Application forms are to be included in the National HOSA Leadership Conference's annual announcement/pre-registration materials.
- A selection committee, appointed by the current ACTE-HSE Division Vice President and to include a member of the Junge family, will determine the most deserving recipient.
- A monetary award of $500 will be awarded to each recipient. The number of scholarships is dependent upon funding.
- The recipient will be notified by the ACTE-HSE Division Vice President.
- The recipient's name will be submitted to the National HOSA Executive Director by the ACTE-HSE Division Vice President.
- Announcement of the selected recipient will be made during the annual HOSA National Leadership Conference and included in the National HOSA and ACTE-HSE Division publications.
- Payment of the scholarship award will be made by the ACTE-HSE Division Vice President (given official documentation of the recipient's enrollment in a postsecondary (community/technical/junior college) or university/college). In the event the total award is not utilized, it or any part will revert to the scholarship account.
- The ACTE-HSE Division Vice President will notify the Junge family of the recipient and the amount awarded.
- The recipient must be a member and be a local, regional, state, or national officer of Health Science Technology Students of America (HOSA).
- Applicants must be enrolled in a secondary, postsecondary, or college/university Health Science Education program.
- The applicant may be a high school senior with proof of acceptance into further education for a health career, or an enrolled student in a postsecondary (community/technical/junior college) or university/collegiate Health Science Education program.
- Grades- The transcript of the applicant must accompany the application.
- Leadership Activities- Submit a list of activities including: offices held, awards and honors, and student organization involvement.
- Community Involvement- Describe community service, volunteer experience, church related activities, etc.
- Essay - Submit a 350-700 word essay describing contributions they expect to make to the health profession and why they should be selected as the recipient of the HSTE scholarship.
- Three (3) references are required.
- Names and addresses of references must be listed on the application.
- References must be provided by any of the following: (1) A teacher, advisor, principal or director of the HSE program. (2) An employer. (3) Any other source other than a relative.
- References should document applicant's scholarship, leadership abilities, interpersonal skills, integrity and potential in the health profession.
- Letters of reference should be sent directly to the HSE Vice President or included with the application.